Who we are
MyMiniAuction Pty Ltd (ABN: 63 169 118 334) (the “Company”) is the operator of the Site. The terms “we”, “us”, “our”, “Company” and “MMA” refer to MyMiniAuction Pty Ltd. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at Suite 611, Level 6, Atlas Norwest, 2-8 Brookhollow Avenue, Baulkham Hills NSW 2153, Australia or by email at email@example.com.
Our commitment to privacy
Collection and use of personal information
What personal information we collect
When you access the Site as a User or register an account with MMA, we may collect a variety of personal information, including your name and email address.
Your personal information
- You will use your email address as your username and select your own password to become a Registered Account Holder – both are needed to use the services of the Site and to access your contact information. Please safeguard your password in a secure location, as we are not responsible for any breaches into the system when access to your username and password is negligently provided.
- Credit card information collected for winning bids is processed through PayPal and such information is not retained on our Site.
- Should you so elect, your personal information may be used for sending notifications relating to the status of your account and bidding activity on auctions which you set up or participate in. You may customise your contact preferences on the notification options page on the Site.
- You agree that from time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about any changes to our terms, conditions and policies on the Site.
- Where MMA collects your information from sources other than you, we will use all reasonable efforts to do so only by legal means, and to do so only with your consent.
Collection and use of non-personal information
- We may also collect non-personal information, which may be defined as data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following is an example of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as auction viewing preferences; postcode; location; and the time zone from which you accessed the Site so that we can better understand customer behaviour and improve our content, services and advertising. If we do combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and other technologies
As common practice of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system and date/time stamp.
If you do not wish to transmit “cookie” information about yourself, you may turn off the cookie function in your web browser.
Disclosure to third parties
MMA may make certain personal information available to third-parties. This disclosure may be required for us to provide and to provide you access to our services, comply with legal obligations, to enforce our User Agreement, to facilitate our marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our services. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your explicit consent.
Circumstances of disclosure of personal information
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for MMA to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we are required to for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganisation, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of personal information
MMA takes reasonable precautions — including administrative, technical and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and misuse, as well as against unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction at a level commensurate with its sensitivity. This may include:
- Access to the Site is over encrypted connection (https).
- User authentication functionality is provided exclusively by core components of the Drupal operating system.
Integrity and retention of personal information
Subject to the qualifications immediately below, MMA shall to the best of its ability:
- retain your information only for as long as is consistent with its purpose; and
- take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy the information or to ensure that the information is de-identified.
This is qualified as follows:
- Your information may be retained in MMA’s logs, backups and audit trails within short-term retention cycles that are devised to protect the Company's operations. Your information may be retained beyond the expiry of its purpose if that is required by law, such as a provision of a statute, or a court order such as a search warrant or subpoena, or a warning by a law enforcement agency that delivery of a court order is imminent. In these circumstances, MMAwill take any reasonable steps available to it to communicate to you that your information is being retained, unless it is precluded from doing so by law.
- Your information may be retained beyond the expiry of its purpose in our database if it is authorised by law (in particular to protect MMA's interests, such as if MMA believes on reasonable grounds that you have failed to fulfil your undertakings to MMA or have committed a criminal act).
Access to personal information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete and up to date by logging in to your account through the Site. MMA may provide you with access to your information, subject only to such conditions and processes as are reasonable in the circumstances. In particular, MMA endeavours to enable access:
- without unreasonable delay; and
- without cost.
MMA may establish and operate identity authentication protections for access to your information that are both practical and appropriate to the nature of its sensitivity. This may involve some inconvenience; for example, relatively straightforward procedures may be involved in order to provide you with access through a channel that you have previously registered with MMA (such as a particular email-address), but may impose more onerous procedures if you wish to use some other channel. In the event that you dispute some aspect of your information, MMA maytake reasonable steps in relation to the amendment, supplementation or deletion of your information. You undertake:
- not to seek access for frivolous purposes or unreasonably frequently; and
- to accept that deletion of some data may not be consistent with the provision of particular services by MMA to you.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a person under 18 years old we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
To provide you with location-based services, MMA, our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your computer or device. This location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by MMA and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, we may share geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.
Third-party sites and services
The Site, products, applications and services may contain links to third-party websites, products and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by the privacy practices of the relevant third-party. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
You undertake to not pursue MMA through any regulator or the media:
- until and unless MMA has had a reasonable opportunity to respond to the initial communication; or
- while MMA and you are conducting a meaningful dialogue about the matter.
Transfer out of Australia
As described in clause 8(c) of the User Agreement, the Site is not hosted in Australia. All data on the Site (including all personal information) is transmitted to and stored within a Cloud Computing Environment provided by our hosting service provider, Pantheon Systems, Inc. of the United States (“Pantheon”). The physical hardware underlying this Cloud Computing Environment is maintained in the United States by Rackspace, Inc. Please note that Pantheon may not be subject to any privacy obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and you may not be able to seek redress in the overseas jurisdiction. Pantheon may be subject to a foreign law that could compel the disclosure of personal information to a third party, such as an overseas authority. You hereby consent to this transfer.